Friday 24 July 2009

Weekend workshop #8

Hello again, wow thank you so much for the cards for this weeks challenge of “Rose Pink & Lime” they are all so beautiful, and everyone’s colouring is improving by the week, don't forget this weeks challenge runs till Tuesday morning. We also have some newcomers to PM’s too, it is great to see everyone, and if you think you have missed anything, fear not, we have all the prior Weekend workshops on PDF files so just pop me an email here and I will get them to you asap :)
************
This week we have got the design team to show us what else they use PM’s for, but first Debbi has done a great colour chart, it will help you see which PM’s you are still in need of and once coloured in, you will be able to see which colour matches, so if you would like a copy, Debbi has put it onto PDF file for you, just email me (I will automatically email it to those who have weekly PDF tuts emailed to them)
You need to print it onto the paper/card you would normally use with your pm's to get a true representation.

************
Now onto what else you can do with ProMarkers :)
Sue
I have started with seven basic white ribbons 1. organza 2. gross grain 3. satin 4. cheap acrylic lace 5. paper printed 6. ric-rac 7. raffia Place your ribbon onto a piece of plain white paper securing it each end with some type of repositional glue, so that it doesn't move about to much while you are colouring When colouring your ribbons you need to use smooth even strokes all going the same way, try not to go over the same area twice unless you want the colour to be darker. You will see from the results below I have coloured the blue one slightly darker at each end so you can see the effect. I have chosen three colours, blossom,coca and pearl blue so you can see how well the pens take to all the different types of ribbons. The only ribbon which is slightly wasteful on the pen ink is the organza as you will be left with quite a bit of ink on the paper all the other ribbons absorb most if not all of the ink and you get lovely matching ribbons. Thanks Sue :o)
************
Colouring Gems
Here is another great use for our favourite pens. I have used some clear papermania adhesive stones and simply coloured them with my promarkers.
I have chosen three different colours to show the effect. Yellow, Poppy and Amethyst.

They dry very quickly and as you can see the colour looks great, they will now match your cards perfectly.


************
coming up NEXT WEEK – we have a fabulous flower Tutorial from Michele
If you have any questions or have any ideas which you would like the DT to turn into tutorials please let us know, we really do love to hear from you :)

Hugs Gina, Denise and the DT xxx

14 comments:

Kit said...

What a fantastic tutorial, I will be stocking up on all types of white ribbon now :o) this will be a real money saver

Unknown said...

Great Tutorial, I love the ribbons and gems. I have loads of clear gems which I will be colouring, thanks for that. I coloured chipboard yesterday with my promarkers, added versemark stamp and embossed. It was very effective, as the chipboard was brown, and most mediums just sink in, but this did not....Hugs Avril xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for some great ideas, will have to go and try them!!
Hug's Angela x

Annie said...

If you lay your organza ribbon on plastic - acetate or anything to hand there is no ink wastage as the pen ink goes on the ribbon and is not soake up into the paper.
Hope that saves someone some ink wastage.

Not done gems yet but must give it a try.
Thanks for great site.

ann xxx

Annie said...

I would love the tutorial colour chart but I can't find an email address anywhere.

Ann xxx

Jane said...

Fab ideas!Thanks
Jane;0)

LISA said...

brilliant tips ladies, i also colour peel-offs with mine if i want a matching sentiment xxxxx

jackiescrafts said...

Thanks for a great tutorial, I love the idea of colouring ribbons, I would never of thought of that. Using them on gems to match your card is a great idea too

Hugs Jackie x

Diamond Doll said...

Well! i never thought of using PMs for anything but colouring in my images Thanx for this brill info.I will definitely have a go at colouring ribbon etc and gems.
Trish (-:

Sharon Noble said...

Great tips thank you xx

Unknown said...

The colour chart is Fab!! Now I can see all my colours, its definately going to make using them much easier!! Thank you!!
Hug's Angela x

Ruth said...

This is a super tutorial...I've tried the gems before but never the ribbon,but both look great.Off now to make my challenge card before time runs out,Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Just received an email from Letraset and congratulations!!! Your tutorial has been published on their website. Fame at last!!

Carola/Schokofee said...

Your workshops are all gorgeous.
I have got a question: is it possible to use ProMarkers for shrinkys????

Hugs Carola